The Purina Farms “Pets In the Community” Program exists to bring people and pets closer together in life-enriching ways. Pets inherently evoke feelings of compassion, respect and comfort, and they better connect us to the world we all share. The program consists of Purina Farms trainers and their rescued pets visiting schools, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and other community places and events to advocate for responsible pet ownership, entertain kids and adults with high-flying, acrobatic routines set to music and ultimately promote the health and wellness benefits that come with positive interactions with animals.
Although the Pets in the Community Program runs year-round, the school part of the program is only available December – February. Requests for the school program are accepted starting the day after Labor Day.
Click here to see the flier for the program. NOTE: We are no longer accepting general Pets In The Community program requests as the 2015 season is filled. Only school requests will be taken for the remainder of 2015.
Request the Pets In The Community SCHOOL Program
1. Requests can be made between September 8 – 22 for the 2015/2016 Program
2. Call 314-982-3232 between 9:30a.m. – 4p.m. M-F and select option 2 to request the program for your school
3. Schools that meet the following criteria will be considered: 40x60 available space; all-school assembly with a minimum of 150 students; close proximity to Purina Farms; willingness to host a school-wide supply drive to help local animal welfare organizations
4. Schools that meet the above criteria will be placed in a random drawing to determine which requests will be granted
5. All schools granted requests will be notified by October 5
6. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the program